PECAN CRESCENT COOKIES
2 cups finely ground almond flour
6 tablespoons softened butter
9 tablespoons icing sugar (plus extra to roll cookies in after baking)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups finely chopped pecans (I did this in a good processor)
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Mix almond flour, softened butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt in a small bowl until a cohesive dough forms. It will seem a little dry at first, but just keep mixing. Easiest to mix by hand.
4) Once combined, mix in pecans.
5) Roll tablespoons of the dough into a small log and then shape into a crescent shape. Arrange the crescents about 1 inch apart on the sheet as they will spread a bit.
6) Bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until they start to turn light golden brown on top.
7) Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for about 5 minutes. Transfer them to a rack to cool 10 minutes more. Roll each cookie in icing sugar until coated.
8) Store in fridge.