Crispy Potato Latkes
Two baking potatoes, peeled
1/2 Yellow onion
1/4 Cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
- Using a box grater, great potatoes and onions.
- In a thin tea towel or cheese cloth, squeeze the excess water from the Potato and onion shreds.
- Drain the water and combine Potato, bread crumbs, egg, onion, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined
- Heat about 1 cup of canola oil in a cast iron skillet on high
- Using about 1/4 of a cup of potato mixture, Form small patties (Pressing mixture together with your hands)
- Place the patties in the hot oil and press them down with a spatula so that they’re nice and thin.
- Fry for 4 to 5 minutes a side then flip and fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes to make them crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve them with applesauce and or sour cream.