ANI+WREN x Crate & Barrel Canada Summer Cooking Series Ft. Gary – Part 2
Crate & Barrel Canada
Summer Cooking Series Ft. Gary
For part two of the Crate & Barrel Cooking Series with Gary, he will be making the world's best and easiest spanakopita.
Scroll to see AW's shopping list from Crate & Barrel.
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 lbs spinach rinsed
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 8-10 sheets of phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup of olive oil as needed
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350f, and remove phyllo dough from freezer ( 2 hrs before using).
- Pre-wash spinach and dice onions.
- Sautee onions in a non-stick pan, then add in the spinach.
- Wait 15 min for the mixture to cool
- Lay out 3-4 phyllo sheets on a baking tray – cut the sheets with a very sharp knife into 3 equal strips
- Use a brush to apply melted butter onto each strip – add feta to the spinach, onion mixture (should be able to clump together, if mixture is too watery, add more feta) then form little balls with the mixture and place at the end of each strip
- Fold the phyllo dough over the mixture in a triangle shape and repeat on the other side.
- Place the triangles on another baking sheet with olive oil – with the butter brush, give the triangles one last coat, to make them extra crispy
- Put them in the oven for 30-40 min at 350f until they start to brown
- And there you have it, dip it in some tzatziki for some extra flavour!