Have a sweet breakfast this Sunday and treat yourself to Wren's yummy chocolate chip pancakes!
1 cup milk (any milk, but choose unsweetened)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 room temperature eggs
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Mix milk and vinegar together and let sit for at least five minutes.
2) Blend oats in blender till they turn to a flour-like consistency.
3) Combine oats, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
4) Whisk eggs and add in milk mixture. Stir in honey and vanilla.
5) Slowly add wet ingredients to dry. Lumps are okay, just don't over mix.
6) Heat coconut oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Drop about a 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan. Drop a few chocolate chips onto each pancake. Cook about 3-4 minutes and flip. Continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
7) Plate and serve with your favourite pancake toppings!